It was a great opportunity for me to get enough rest since it was a very long weekend, but guess what ? it was not quite what I had in mind. From the beginning of my weekend towards the end of Monday night I have been having extreme crucial headaches. Mom initially thinks it could be astigmatism of the eyes since I work more than 8 hours in front of computer, it could also be migraine. One thing I’ve noticed though is that the medicine I usually take in is not taking any effect anymore. The more often I suffer through these headaches the more I take those medications the more I get immune to them.
I have low tolerance to pain as you all know , so having those massive headaches not even sleep can take away really drains me a lot. I’ve done some researches about headaches and based from what I a having it is called CHRONIC headaches. As per Wikipedia,. In recurrent unexplained headaches keeping a “headache diary” with entries on type of headache, associated symptoms, precipitating and aggravating factors may be helpful. This may reveal specific patterns, such as an association with medication, menstruation or absenteeism or with certain foods. It was reported in March 2007 by two separate teams of researchers that stimulating the brain with implanted electrodes appears to help ease the pain of cluster headaches.
Based upon further reading I am currently at the level of PRIMARY headache experience:
The most common types of headache are the “primary headache disorders”, such as tension-type headache and migraine. They have typical features; migraine, for example, tends to be pulsating in character, affecting one side of the head, associated with nausea, disabling in severity, and usually lasts between 3 hours and 3 days. Rarer primary headache disorders are trigeminal neuralgia (a shooting face pain), cluster headache (severe pains that occur together in bouts), and hemicrania continua (a continuous headache on one side of the head)
So at this point some also has told me that headaches can be a cause of some pain around the neck or a form of body stress. I have had a physical check up already about this before but so far it was nothing serious, however as far as from my recent experience the feel has been more often that before so I have to keep monitor of what is going on. I plan to have myself checked again any time soon I just hope it still will be nothing serious. For now the only thing I can do is to get enough rest and eat healthy.
- DR. CORY: Splitting the causes of headaches (dominicanewsonline.com)
- Massage Therapy Relieves Tension Headaches (massageenvy.com)
- Clarksville Headache Sufferers Find Relief Through Chiropractic Care (healthsourceofclarksville.wordpress.com)
- Headaches upon waking are ‘sign of serious sleep disorder’ (time4sleep.co.uk)
- 2013 Migraine & Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- How You Can Prevent Or Reduce Headaches (casapalmera.com)
- Lesser Known Reasons For Headaches (healthhype.com)
- Cause for Concern: Reasons for Continuous Headaches in Women (womenshealth.answers.com)
- 3 major signs your headache is something more serious (nbclatino.com)